Wild Dolphins

Friday, March 02, 2007

Chime Time


This you see here is a wind chime that I made.

It is made out of a box that chocolates came in and 2 empty paper towel cardboard rolls and some string.

I used this box that’s shaped like a pyramid and cut two pieces of string about as long as my shoulder to my wrist. Then I cut two paper towel rolls in 3 or 4 inch size pieces. I tied them one-by-one on the strings in different places in a straight line. Then I tied the strings together in the middle.

Then I took one layer off another paper towel cardboard roll. (Here in Swaziland they are made out of layers of twirly paper.) I tied these twirlies on the ends of the strings. (If you do not have the twisty thing from inside the paper towel roll, try winding up some paper of your own.)

Then I took my pyramid-shaped chocolate box, at the very top after making sure the strings were very even, I taped the strings around the top.

Next I asked Meemaw for help to make a couple of holes to put a hanging string through.

Then we hung it up.

Thank you for stopping by Kayla’s crafts!

6 Comments:

  • At 10/10/2007 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi this is ethan I cave your brother a comment ask him to read it please
    sincerly,
    ethan

     
  • At 11/13/2007 1:15 AM, Blogger im>just-teli@ said…

    hey kayla this is telia! i had the pleasure of meeting you at on the border and playing football with you! (which the girls definitly won by the way)i really like your wind chime,and i just thought i'd say hello. so hello. and hope you have an awesome day.

     
  • At 11/14/2007 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!!! You're awesome!!! I hope you have an amazing birthday

     
  • At 4/03/2008 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi guys,
    thank you for giving me coments.
    they encourage me.

    love, kayla

     
  • At 4/10/2008 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm so glad i found you!!!!!

    http://kristinstutes.com

     
  • At 5/21/2008 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey kayla i cant waite to see you again in africa cool post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home